Tuesday, July 15, 2014

housesitting

Another catch up post...

Miss E and I spent the weekend house sitting for my boss. It was a very nice relaxing weekend and we enjoyed the pool, gardens and company of one another!

Taking photos of the grounds reminded me just how much I miss my gardens! The house I shared with my ex-husband was lost in the divorce and I have since longed for my own yard again. Gardening brings me such a sense of calm. Enjoying the fruits of someone else's labor is enjoyable, yet not quite as rewarding...at least not for me!

Take a look at this gorgeous bouquet - it was a birthday gift for my boss. Just stunning! Lucky for me, I got to enjoy it all weekend long. I think I took a million pictures but will spare you and only share a few favorites!






The smell was amazing and the flowers were just perfect! Each time I walked into the kitchen I couldn't help but smile at the beauty of them!

Here are some pictures of some flowers from the grounds as well...perfectly in bloom!







I have a few wip's going as well - I found some really inexpensive acrylic yarn at my local pharmacy and couldn't resist buying some up for a colorful summer project. A simply granny stripe blanket in 14 colors,I decided to remove two of the colors from below.



The other project I was working on in is my starburst granny blanket - I would not have put it aside to start the new one above had it not been for the fact that I realized the rest of my yarn for this project is buried in storage. Oh well...it will have to be finished another time.



I have several other WIP's, like the sock in the background of the above picture, but those will have to wait for another post!


No comments:

Post a Comment